In February 2002, we became the fifth publishing company in Japan to be approved for the ISO 14001 certification (JQA-EM2120). The publishing industry's impact on the environment signifies that we need to be a part of the solution. Shuppan Bunka Sha is determined to be a positive influence on this important issue.
ISO 14001 is a standardized international code which is intended to give provision for companies to decrease their load on the environment. To receive this certification, it is necessary that the recipient business or organization prove they have decreased their environmental load by stating their specific environmental principles, systems, strategies, and the outcomes associated with those strategies. This system, which is called "Kankyou (Environmental) Management," is the policy that businesses refer to in their environmental policies.
1. We will work to prevent further environmental damage by constructing an environmental management system and continuously making new reforms.
2. In addition to our compliance with the existing legal benchmarks relating to environmental management, we will also attempt to establish our own independent management techniques to go beyond the regulatory framework.
3. We will assess a precise measurement of our firm’s impact on the environment, and work to reform and improve those measurements by forming an environmental reform philosophy and objective. We will revisit these periodically to make constant improvements.
4. We will work to spread awareness and educate others of environmental preservation, and aim to coexist with nature through our work with the environment.
5. We will educate our employees thoroughly on the environmental principles of our company and take into account all suggestions and advice from outside sources.